Sunday, January 20, 2013

Feminist& Mormon Resources

Hey guys!

SO! Lately, I've been looking not only into feminist articles/people/etc., but more specifically into Mormon feminists. IT'S BEEN GREAT. I love it. There's so much to learn! And to have people who are almost EXACTLY LIKE ME, with the same questions, concerns, dislikes, and the same exact feeling of being different. Because, let's face it, Mormonism can be very homogeneous, and being even slightly different can make you feel like you stick out waaaaaaay too much.

So it's nice to have some solidarity, even if it's just over the internet.

I wanted to share a few things I've found with you. It's not a perfect list of resources, but just some great findings I've had over the last week.

My two favorite things:

  1. One is a list of the ways Mormon Male Privilege exists. It is here: Mormon Male Privilege
  2. The other is an article on female exclusion in the Book of Mormon, and how that affects LDS women (very enlightening): Women in BoM

Both of these I found from a collective Pinterest board called "Feminism and Mormonism," found here: Feminism & Mormonism. This board regularly features Ask Mormon GirlFeminist Mormon Housewives, and The Exponent, all websites that feature educated feminist Mormon women and that I've found something that I enjoy/have learned from.

Lastly, there is a large community on Facebook that I'm only partially aware of. You can start finding them through this page called "Let Women Pray in General Conference," here: Let Women Pray. A lot of them are the same group of women that started the campaign of wearing pants to church.

Enjoy!

Edit: WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, HOLD THE PHONE! I found another one: Women Advocating for Voice and Equality.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment