Sunday, February 3, 2013

Parents on Pinterest

So, lately I've been creeped out by stuff like this: 




I am not a parent. Maybe that means I don't have the right to judge because I don't understand. But I don't give a crap.

PARENTS. STOP DOING THIS. THIS IS CREEPY AND WEIRD.

Yes, you love your children a lot. Your love is super special. But you do not love your child like this. This all sounds like ROMANTIC love. 

Also, I really don't like the father necklace story because your father should not be "owning" or "possessing" your heart like this. The symbolism happening here of the father passing the heart on to the groom (which is not "literal," by the way, it is definitely figurative) is too close to when fathers would pass on their daughters as property. Not to mention, it's just way to damn cheesy for my taste.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and I have been perusing everything. I have been really impressed by how well you express your thoughts and feelings, and I love your stance on feminism! I couldn't help but comment on this post, because honestly, it just cracks me up! I think this stuff is creepy, too, and I am so glad I am not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really appreciate you taking the time to tell me that! Yeah, I don't know WHY people like stuff like this ... So weird!

      Delete